An arbitrary list of the best Michael Fassbender’s performances. He is quite the star these days. Another X-Men is in the works as well as a second installment of Prometheus. Ranked according to whim:
1. Hunger (Steve McQueen, 2008)
This long sequence is one of the best in cinema. Fassbender’s body, slimmed down, is also a highlight.
2. Fish Tank (Andrea Arnold, 2006)
Fassbender convincingly portrays a man who is interested in a teenage girl.
3. Shame (McQueen, 2011)
An angry porn addict; Fassbender plays the part with the necessary amount of ambiguity.4. Inglourious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino, 2009)
Again, Fassbender excels at long scenes.
5. X-Men: First Class (Matthew Vaughn, 2011)
The revenge scene in the bar is one of Fassbender’s best.
6. Prometheus (Ridley Scott, 2012)
The opening of the film is another of the actor’s worthwhile performances – David’s solitary performance could have carried the whole feature.
7. 12 Years a Slave (McQueen, 2013)
Fassbender knows how to be angry.
8. Haywire (Steven Soderbergh, 2011)
Fight scenes? Accents? Good times.
9. A Dangerous Method (David Cronenberg, 2011)
As Jung, Fassbender shows his range.
10. X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer, 2014)
There’s actually nothing interesting about Fassbender in this one.
11. The Counselor (Ridley Scott, 2013)
An embarrassing film. Really.